+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 37

Thread: Any one ever get an STD from TO Sp

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0

    Default Any one ever get an STD from TO Sp

    havnt seen posts of any one complaining ever. Any one know some one who got one or had one themselves from a SP in Toronto

  2. #2
    SexB
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by herpderp View Post
    havnt seen posts of any one complaining ever. Any one know some one who got one or had one themselves from a SP in Toronto
    Do you honestly think that anyone who goes to see escorts on a regular basis is actually going to admit to catching an STD and risk get blacklisted?

    You've only made four posts and half of them are asking this.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    37
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0

    Default

    With his handle I suspect he already has a disease.

  4. #4
    SexB
    Guest

    Default

    I just want to know why he's so fixated on it. If he's that paranoid about catching something then he shouldn't bother hobbying.

    Or maybe this is a shit-disturbing thread since he seems to want people to admit to catching something or claim that they caught something from an SP.

  5. #5
    Registered Loser
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mid Town
    Posts
    316
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SexB View Post
    Or maybe this is a shit-disturbing thread since he seems to want people to admit to catching something or claim that they caught something from an SP.
    probably. Or does he just want us to send him the list of currently-infected SPs?

  6. #6
    LOVETAYLOR
    Guest

    Default

    just look at the posters name herpderp c learly has something

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    60
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0

    Default

    doesn't make the question less valid. In fact there was a post here warning of Riley I think. And it's worth discussing. If he does have it.....why deny him the help he is seeking?

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Super Moderator
    Posts
    1,161
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks (Given)
    1
    Thanks (Received)
    27
    Likes (Given)
    5
    Likes (Received)
    131
    Dislikes (Given)
    5
    Dislikes (Received)
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speedpix View Post
    doesn't make the question less valid. In fact there was a post here warning of Riley I think. And it's worth discussing. If he does have it.....why deny him the help he is seeking?
    I would like to know too. Not to pin anything on an SP but to understand for all the BBBJs and Daty action guys are enjoying, how many have picked up some STDs. I'm a safe(er) player... i've given into to a DATY here and there - but I've been concerned about the risk. I also love to have my balls sucked - anyone pick up from that? Hate to give that up :)
    Ignore This Signature
    All we are saying, is give pooning a chance.


  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    39
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0

    Default

    I'm going to out myself in a different way. I work with infectious diseases. I'm a biologist, I'm a doctor (just not the MD type) and I work with germ transmission, germ lifecycle, germ evolution, etc. It's actually a rather unpleasant conversation during the post-coital talk and she inevitably asks about what sort of work I'm into. Be that as it may...

    I you are worried about catching a nasty, I have some bad news for you: You shouldn't be fucking...anybody.

    You can catch/spread a STD from a kiss, a handjob/fingering, frottage/grinding, penetration or any form of fluid exchange. Those are the facts. And because there is no such thing as "safe harbor" in the medical world, that's all any organization or medical provider can tell you. Then there's reality. Lets use HIV, HSV (herpes) and HPV as examples.

    HIV is a very weak and actually incredibly difficult virus to pass. I work extensively with HIV-1 in its raw form. It dies incredibly easy...until it finds a CCR5 receptor to attach to and eventually reproduce itself. Fact: under normal circumstances, the man has a 1 in 20,000 and the woman has a 1 in 10,000 chance to catch HIV from "regular" vaginal intercourse. Regular means they're "making love", it's not super vigorous and he ejaculates inside of her. The risk goes way up if either one of them have an uncontrolled viral load, if the sex becomes very vigorous (moreso for her since the penis is less likely to suffer an abrasion in this way), etc. The risk goes way down if the man doesn't ejaculate inside of her (risk goes down for her), the sex is very brief, there's excessive artificial lubrication, etc. The risk is actually very low if the infected partner is on HAART and the viral copies have become undetectable although even I wouldn't have unprotected sex with an HIV+ individual nor would I have unprotected sex with someone if I were HIV+.

    Of course no medical doctor or health organization can nor will tell you that. And for good reason and it's not in their interest or yours to minimize the risk. The risk is still real and all it takes is one infected cell getting into the male urethral track and it being absorbed/uptake and congrats, you have HIV. But the reality is, it's a very difficult process. Likewise, the risk of a breakdown in a woman's mucous wall inside her vagina and/or cervix, even for a sex worker, is very low unless she has significant traffic or trauma. Even then, there needs to be both exposure and uptake. This is why anal sex is a more "desirable" path because the defense mechanism are not there yet it's still less than a 1% chance of infection for the receptive partner with anal under "normal" circumstances (an oxymoron since there is no true definition on "normal" anal intercourse) and less than 0.1% chance for the penetrative partner.

    HSV and HPV are hands down the most prevalent STDs out there. Another rare fact that people overlook, almost 80% of the population already has a form of herpes known as VZV. A statistical majority (almost 60%) of the human population also already has HSV-1 but our immune system has evolved enough over the past few 1000 years that we can easily make HSV-1 an asymptomatic infection and it's outbreak only really flares up when our immune system is otherwise compromised by external stimuli. Sadly, women have one weakness here in that a process during menstruation can easily cause an HSV-1 flair-up but that men are much more likely to spread it. Even though women are more likely to have a flair up though doesn't mean they'll spread it or that it's more common. HSV-1 is HSV-1. People have it. Women are just statistically more likely to have an outbreak (aka a fever blister/cold sore) around their period. Men on the other hand will tend to have an outbreak when they get overly tired/worn out and are under a lot of stress.

    But if you want real facts on herpes, here's a scary one: Women have an 8-10% chance to catch the virus from the man due to a much larger area of exposure. Using a condom only reduces this risk by 30%. I mean it's not a pretty number. Herpes Simplex is a very real and very prevalent STD. Out of all the STDs out there, it's hands down the most hardy, easiest to transmit and most likely to go undetected/ignored due to the wide range of symptoms.

    HPV is another funny virus. There are almost 130 documented subtypes. Only 10 of them actually show outward signs of infection, at least directly. Only 4 of them are related to our junk. HPV can also be spread from handjobs and fingering. What you say??? Ever had a planter wart on your hand or foot? Yeah, that's HPV. And those two subtypes love the skin on the bottom of your feet or palm of your hand. It won't "infect" anything else and yes you're more likely to catch it in the shower of a health club with a nice wet floor and humid environment but it's still there. Ever had a flat wart on your leg, arm or mouth? That also is HPV. Warts in general are an HPV infection.

    Some facts on HPV: more than 80% of the human population carries at least two subtypes of HPV. Our immune system is just good at controlling it to the point where it's a non-issue. Ever seen the stories of a "tree man" or "tree woman" where they have those thick skin lesions that make them look like trees or branches of a tree? that's HPV. We almost all have that exact strain. The difference is our bodies have controled it. Most HPV subtypes (almost 110 of them) ***DO NOT*** cause warts. Most HPV subtypes have zero effect on us. Some HPV subtypes are directly responsible for cervical, uterine (under investigation) and anal cancer. The "funny" thing is you don't even need to have sex to catch a variant of HPV.

    I could go on and on and on. The reality is, if you decide to have sexual contact with anyone, you are taking a risk of accepting or transmitting a "germ" of some sort. Just because someone looks healthy doesn't mean they are. At the same time, educating yourself is also protecting yourself. You understand the risks, you understand what can happen and you understand how it happens. For example, even though I know HSV type 16 can infect me if I eat pussy, I know that the risk is both incredibly low and highly unlikely (I know my own health and risk markers for catching it) and thus I freely engage in putting my tongue inside a woman's various holes. In fact, I'm at a significantly greater risk of getting an e-coli infection from her vaginal tract (yes I said that right) than I am from a HSV-16 infection from any tract. However if I smoked or had a sore throat...

    Moral of the story: sex is risky. Don't be an asshole (criminal in most countries) and spread something if you knowingly have something and if you're ultra scared of getting something, fucking is not something you should partake in. Always use a condom for penetrative intercourse be it anal or vaginal and if you are really paranoid, use a condom or dental dam for oral sex.


    edit: speaking of oral sex, understand that saliva is a very powerful barrier in and of itself. No, it's not perfect and don't go thinking that's what i'm saying. But under normal/healthy circumstances provided you don't have any open ulcers/sores in your mouth, your throat isn't sore from a different "normal" virus (such as the common cold or something that causes excessive nasal drainage) and you aren't a smoker and you don't suffer from the medical condition of dry mouth, oral sex is "safer". Believe me, as I work with the study of STIs (among other infectious diseases but STIs are an area I focus on), the data itself is scary but once you understand the real risks, it's not as scary. It's absolutely true that you only need one opportunity to catch something. There's no denying that. It does happen. But the reality is the risk is incredibly low. Thus in my case, I really hate a latex barrier between myself and my partner no matter who is giving and who is receiving.

    edit2: disclaimer: that being said, if she wants to use a barrier, I'm not going to berate her or put her down. That's her rules, I agree to those rules when I want to see her. In reality, she is the "smarter" one here because the risks are absolutely reduced but I know where my penis has been, I certainly know my own health and I understand the risks of having a woman blow me. As long as her tongue isn't going up my urethra (ouch) and the use of teeth are kept to almost zero, it's highly unlikely for any transmission to occur (but again, it's still possible).

    edit3: I'm not a medical doctor. I'm a biologist and a geneticist. I work in significant research on virus transmission and evolution. My comments above do not replace that of your doctor nor any health org. But sometimes it helps to know the stats behind the facts.
    Last edited by GuyFromDenver; 09-20-11 at 08:00 PM.

  10. #10
    SexB
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speedpix View Post
    doesn't make the question less valid. In fact there was a post here warning of Riley I think. And it's worth discussing. If he does have it.....why deny him the help he is seeking?
    Well then he should just admit to it rather than just pussyfooting around it.

    I've found that it seems like a lot of the time, these threads are just a chance for a disgruntled john/competing girl/angry pimp to try to ruin an SP's reputation.

    I'll stick to my original position that Herpderp wants to go visit an SP but he's too scared to since he's probably convinced he'll get an STD or he's just some shit-disturbing troll.

  11. #11
    friendlyguy
    Guest

    Default

    Won't quote Guy's entire post, but holy cow, do I ever like to hear from guys (or girls) who really know what they're talking about!!!

    Fantastic post Guy - thanks *very* for taking the time to provide some very valuable information!

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    207
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Herpderp I'm glad I read your thread. Because now I need to know which sp's that you have been with. But you do have a point if someone has caught something from an sp I'd sure like to know. Honestly who wouldn't want to know?
    And lets remind people if you do have a std it is the law if someone asks you if you are infected you have to tell them. If you have been infected I would tell you to report it to the police and if in fact that person you were with did not tell you they could be charged. Just like several people from Hamilton have been over the last few years.
    Which applies to you Herpderp if you do by chance have what I think you have by your name. It is the law that you have to inform your sexual partners of your situation.
    I do give you credit.
    GuyFromDenver that's a great post. Kind of curious though if you know all that information why would you take the risk of hobbying?
    But me knowing some of the stuff you mentioned in your post I might have to change some of my habits and this hobby.
    Well not a hobby I think it as sexual fun time.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    207
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0

    Default

    http://www.sp411.com/reviews/showthread.php?t=28756

    Always look and you find something interesting.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    39
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorroloves69 View Post
    GuyFromDenver that's a great post. Kind of curious though if you know all that information why would you take the risk of hobbying?
    1) I enjoy sex
    2) As I said, I know and understand the risks. If anything, better than most.
    3) I'm a guy and I enjoy sex

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    look for the guy holding a popsicle at the end of the rainbow
    Posts
    119
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks (Given)
    6
    Thanks (Received)
    2
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    1

    Default

    Thanks Guy for the information. Very informative. Though it certainly turned me off sex, dfk, daty, digits, groping, etc. Anyone know a good monastery to join?

  16. #16
    SexB
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorroloves69 View Post
    Herpderp I'm glad I read your thread. Because now I need to know which sp's that you have been with. But you do have a point if someone has caught something from an sp I'd sure like to know. Honestly who wouldn't want to know?
    And lets remind people if you do have a std it is the law if someone asks you if you are infected you have to tell them. If you have been infected I would tell you to report it to the police and if in fact that person you were with did not tell you they could be charged. Just like several people from Hamilton have been over the last few years.
    Which applies to you Herpderp if you do by chance have what I think you have by your name. It is the law that you have to inform your sexual partners of your situation.
    I do give you credit.
    GuyFromDenver that's a great post. Kind of curious though if you know all that information why would you take the risk of hobbying?
    But me knowing some of the stuff you mentioned in your post I might have to change some of my habits and this hobby.
    Well not a hobby I think it as sexual fun time.
    Again, do you honestly think that any guy who goes to visit escorts will actually admit to catching something? Yes, it would be good to know but that guy would risk being blacklisted.

    As I stated before, it could also present someone with the chance to ruin an SPs reputation to either get even or eliminate competition.

    I'm fairly sure this is what HerpDerp's name refers to;

    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rm=herp%20derp

    Which leads me to believe that he's just a troll looking to stir things up.

    Edit: Also, he started another thread then essentially abandoned it;

    http://www.sp411.com/reviews/showthread.php?t=28497

    That seems a bit ... off IMHO.
    Last edited by ; 09-21-11 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Added a link.

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Uxbridge
    Posts
    219
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks (Given)
    1
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    2
    Dislikes (Given)
    1
    Dislikes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speedpix View Post
    doesn't make the question less valid. In fact there was a post here warning of Riley I think. And it's worth discussing. If he does have it.....why deny him the help he is seeking?

    Which Riley??

  18. #18
    Getcha Pull
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    the 13th step
    Posts
    3,653
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    3
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    6
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kissingbandit View Post
    Which Riley??
    http://www.sp411.com/reviews/showthr...ighlight=Riley
    Ignore This Signature
    Pure Texas!

  19. #19
    ralphiee
    Guest

    Default Dr Denver............

    ............you are a great addition to this board.Nothing but quality,informative posts in your short time with us.....Thanks........ralphiee

  20. #20
    sunshine's Avatar Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,140
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks (Given)
    1106
    Thanks (Received)
    542
    Likes (Given)
    3353
    Likes (Received)
    2632
    Dislikes (Given)
    152
    Dislikes (Received)
    126

    Default

    The info provided by Dr.denver has always been out there, and on this site actually, and the topic of other threads now and again. However, totally appreciate that some guys need the info over and over and over again before it actually sinks in. Also appreciate that they will continue to ignore the cdc sties, the sti sites, any and all info and links provided by various sps, and instead prefer to get the info from an anonymous client member lol.

    However it works it works.

    For the insistence of naming sps someone claims to get an std from, that's ridiculous. MOST clients never have been tested before they see their first sp, and probably never get tested any other time. One day they might be in a condom break accident, finally get tested, and decide the chlamydia they've had for the last 15 years was from a recent encounter. You can't accuse someone without proof, and frankly anonymous accusations are more likely, as suggested, to be slander rather than fact.

    In spite of how difficult it seems to be to contract HIV, etc, there are still people in jail who have managed to infect their partners (male to female), and most of the guys facing jail time have infected more than one person. The guy recently ruled a dangerous offender infected 9 different women. Two are dead. Frankly, that doesn't sound like its all that difficult to transmit to me.

    Sex workers do fall into that category of someone having "significant traffic", fwiw. Also, in some areas, the pressure and intimidation I've seen over the years for more extreme services, including DATO and bbbjs, not to mention more (as long as there is no CIP), is contributing to this. If all clients were required to be tested and provide clean bills of health prior to their first or fiftieth encounter, maybe all of that would be OK.

  21. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    39
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine View Post
    In spite of how difficult it seems to be to contract HIV, etc, there are still people in jail who have managed to infect their partners (male to female), and most of the guys facing jail time have infected more than one person. The guy recently ruled a dangerous offender infected 9 different women. Two are dead. Frankly, that doesn't sound like its all that difficult to transmit to me.
    HIV transmission has a great number of variables to it including viral load, concurrent infections (i.e. does the HIV- partner have another viral or bacterial infection), cutaneous exposure, etc. That's why I said statistically and why us science geeks "normalize" data. As I said above, it only takes one single exposure to take. Meanwhile there are studies on gay men (bottoms) who have sex with HIV+ gay men (tops) in the hundreds and yet they have not contracted HIV and yet the bottoms do not have the CCR5 defect nor the protein inhibitors (i.e. they don't fit into the category of the 0.1% of the population that is *mostly* HIV resistant).

    If someone has a VL of 100k+ and pops a few shots off inside of someone, then yeah the numbers don't mean shit because the likelihood of uptake and replication have now shot up significantly.

    And not all sex workers are of "significant traffic". Many are low volume but to be fair many are high volume. Circumstances certainly change everything. And FWIW, I am tested every month as a condition of employment. If I contract any viral or bacterial infection (not just STIs although those are mostly what I work with) related to my work, I have to change roles or find a new line of work.

  22. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    2
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromDenver View Post
    In reality, she is the "smarter" one here because the risks are absolutely reduced but I know where my penis has been, I certainly know my own health and I understand the risks of having a woman blow me. As long as her tongue isn't going up my urethra (ouch) and the use of teeth are kept to almost zero, it's highly unlikely for any transmission to occur (but again, it's still possible).
    There was a STD poll on another board that reported a 19% incidence rate of chlamydia and ghonnorea, which seems to suggest that these viruses are more easily transmissible than you indicate.

  23. #23
    Registered Loser
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mid Town
    Posts
    316
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by obnubilate View Post
    There was a STD poll on another board that reported a 19% incidence rate of chlamydia and ghonnorea, which seems to suggest that these viruses are more easily transmissible than you indicate.
    what kind of poll? a web-poll? :p

  24. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    39
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by obnubilate View Post
    There was a STD poll on another board that reported a 19% incidence rate of chlamydia and ghonnorea, which seems to suggest that these viruses are more easily transmissible than you indicate.
    G, C and S are not viruses. They're bacterial infections. I never once talked about bacterial STIs. I talked about viral STIs. Very big and significant difference. And as said, web polls (and really any sex poll without proper controls) is self fulfilling. That aside, bacterial infections are easier to transmit but again, I never once brought them up (on purpose). Bacteria operates on a much different spectrum than retroviruses and their risks are higher and transmission methods are different as they don't cause seroconversion nor do they replicate like viruses. Bacteria usually starts as an external infection (sometimes requiring mucous) where viral infections are almost always blood borne.
    Last edited by GuyFromDenver; 09-22-11 at 12:00 AM.

  25. #25
    ralphiee
    Guest

    Default Or another way to look at it...........

    [QUOTE=sunshine;428621]The info provided by Dr.denver has always been out there, and on this site actually, and the topic of other threads now and again. However, totally appreciate that some guys need the info over and over and over again before it actually sinks in. Also appreciate that they will continue to ignore the cdc sties, the sti sites, any and all info and links provided by various sps, and instead prefer to get the info from an anonymous client member lol.

    ............some of us are new to the hobby and this site,so new info to some of us.It will make me research more re: this issue.You really sound a little bitter sunshine, that we aren't as knowledgable on these subjects as you would like but any info to make us think, is good.You have previously posted how you figure a lot of men expect sex and how can an sp charge money for something some guys feel should be given to them.Well some sp's have expectations of us such as being as knowledgable about this as they are.I have seen alot of ladies this year and none of them offered me advice or tried to direct me to some of these sites.Maybe this thread will lead us to these sites you assume we avoid.Keep your little jabs to yourself instead of stirring the pot in a snarky way.You seem to detest the very customers that help you make a good living.He may be an anonymous new member but you're just an anonymous sp to most on this thread....ralphiee

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •