Given that I've seen lots of people asking for info about either new or reviewed sp, here's a brief tutorial on how to check for fake pics.
Use either Chrome browser (Windows or Mac) or Safari (Mac) and follow the steps.
1) Go to the announcement of interest.
2) Right click on the suspected picture as select "Copy image address" if you are using Safari (or "Copy image URL" if your are using Chrome)
...this is for Safari
...this is for Chrome
3) Go to http://images.google.com/
4) In the box where you normally enter what to search for, you'll see a little camera icon at the right. Click it.
5) When you click the camera icon, you'll get the option to PASTE the URL of the suspected pic. Then click on "Search by Image"
6) Once the search results are displayed, scroll past the "Visually similar images" photos to see if the EXACT SAME photo has been found on other sites
I use Safari as my default browser. It also work on Google Chrome. Other browsers (such as Internet Explorer) may work differently when you are trying to get the URL of the image.